Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will start in8CancelPlay now
Don’t miss MirrorFighting’s Monday Morning Matchmaker newsletter!
Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email
Anthony Joshua has vowed to swat aside Kubrat Pulev and set up an undisputed showdown with Tyson Fury.
Joshua will face Pulev in a much-delayed defence of his heavyweight titles at The O2 arena on December 12 – with or without fans.
Victory against his mandatory challenger will pave the way for a mouthwatering clash with his fellow world champion next spring.
And he said: "December 12 is the date and once again the heavyweight belts go up in the air and it is my sole focus to make sure that come December 13 they are in their rightful place in the UK.
Click here to sign up for our Monday Morning Matchmaker newsletter
Click to play
Tap to play
The video will auto-play soon8Cancel
"The O2 is the original lion’s den, I have a lot of history with the arena, but without the fans something huge is missing.
"I am really hoping that, safety permitting, we might be able to bring some boxing fans in, but we will have to see."
Joshua had been due to face Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in June but the fight was delayed by the coronavirus pandemic.
The rivals are now likely to clash behind closed doors although promoter Eddie Hearn hopes fans will be allowed into the arena.
The promoter added: "Over a year after regaining his crown, Anthony Joshua takes on yet another dangerous challenger in mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev.
"AJ’s resume is unrivalled, and this is the final hurdle until we challenge for the undisputed crown next year."
With Fury confirming his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder has been cancelled, the path is clear for the British rivals to finally touch gloves.
Fury and Wilder were pencilled in to meet again on December 19 but that date was ruled out due to the American football season.
Anthony Joshua's showdown with Kubrat Pulev has been rescheduled for December
Tyson Fury confirms Deontay Wilder fight is cancelled as he eyes Anthony Joshua
Frank Warren casts doubt on Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder trilogy fight this year
And with no alternative dates available this year, Fury claims he has exercised his right to walk away from the rematch.
"I was looking forward to smashing Wilder again. A quick and easy fight," Fury told The Athletic . "But Wilder and his team were messing around with the date.
"They don’t really want to fight the lineal heavyweight champion; they know how it ends. The world knows how it will end: with Wilder on his ass again."
"I've been training. I’m ready. When they tried moving off December 19 and pushing to next year, enough was enough. – I've moved on."
Fury will now fight in the UK for the first time in over two years with a date of December 5 pencilled in, the same night Anthony Yarde is due to take on Lyndon Arthur at the Royal Albert Hall.
"I am the best fighter in the world; the lineal heavyweight champion, the two-time Ring magazine heavyweight champion [and] the WBC heavyweight champion," Fury added. "And before the end of 2021, I will be the only man on this earth with a heavyweight championship belt."