Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will start in8CancelPlay now
Strictly Come Dancing star Brendan Cole has condemned the show for axing Nicola Adams after her dance partner Katya Jones tested positive for Covid-19.
The 44-year-old professional dancer, who was dropped from the show in 2018, shared his thoughts about the decision after the show was plunged into chaos.
Although Katya Jones has tested positive for coronavirus, her celebrity dance partner Nicola received a negative test.
Speaking to Good Morning Britain, the former BBC performer admitted he didn't understand why Nicola could not continue with the competition.
"I don't really understand why Nicola can't carry on though," Brendan said during his appearance on the ITV show.
"If she gets a test and she's not positive, she can carry on?"
Brendan Cole shared his thoughts after Nicola Adams was axed from the show
Strictly's HRVY and Maisie Smith accused of breaking social distancing rules in cosy pics
Mirror celebs newsletter – all the juiciest hot gossip direct to your inbox
Brendan – whose celebrity partners included Kelly Brook and Jo Wood – said that he felt sorry for the pair after their hard work came to such an abrupt end.
He said during his appearance: "It must be so devastating, I feel for them, I know it's just an entertainment programme but you're so heavily involved from the moment you sign up.
"To be let out of the competition without a reason, well a good reason, without being voted out is devastating.
Nicolawill no longer compete after her partner Katya tested positive for Covid-19
(Image: COPYRIGHT UNKNOWN)
Nicola made history for taking part in the show's first same-sex couple
(Image: COPYRIGHT UNKNOWN)
Motsi Mabuse clasped medical documents as she left London for 'urgent trip' to Germany
Appearing to refer to his own exit from the show, Brendan added: "I've been there before, it's a hard pill to swallow. I feel sorry for them!"
Strictly Come Dancing has been plunged into disarray after Nicola and Katya were forced to quit, while Strictly judge Mosti Mabuse was also expected to self-isolate.
The 39-year-old judge revealed earlier this week that she had to make an "urgent" trip to Germany on November 10.
Brendan said he 'felt sorry' for the duo
Motsi Mabuse will also not be appearing in the show for at least the next two weeks
(Image: BBC/Ray Burmiston)
As a result of her overseas travel, Motsi is now required to self-isolate in accordance with UK Covid-19 guidelines.
"Hi Guys- earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason. I will of course be following the UK Government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days," she wrote on her social media.
"I'll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms. Watch out though, I'll be doing my own hair and make-up!"
According to The Sun, Strictly professional Anton Du Beke – who was axed from this year's competition – is expected to temporarily replace Motsi on the judging panel.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.