Teenager, 17, dies after being repeatedly stabbed as police launch murder probe

Police investigate at the scene in Haringey, north London (Image: @999London)

Our free email newsletter sends you the biggest headlines from news, sport and showbiz

Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email

A murder inquiry has been launched after a 17-year-old boy was fatally stabbed in north London.

The victim, who has not yet been named, was knifed in the street in Haringey just after 9pm Tuesday.

He was rushed to hospital but pronounced dead in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

There have been no arrests and detectives are appealing for witnesses to the incident.

The victim is the seventh to die by homicide in the capital this year – but the first teenager.

Have you been affected by this story? Contact us on [email protected]

A police tent is erected at the scene following the teen's death
(Image: @999London)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Dad who shattered legs on 'dream' family holiday is drug dealer facing prison

Read More
Related Articles


  • Married teacher, 35, says she is 'too short' for sex position claimed by 15-year-old boy

A total 17 teenagers were murdered in London last year.

Fifteen-year-old Kayjon Lubin, who was fatally stabbed in the chest in North Woolwich on December 11 was the final victim to die in last year's tragic death toll.

Police were called to the latest stabbing at junction in the Turnpike Lane area at 9.10pm Tuesday.

Paramedics gave the victim CPR at the scene on the junction of West Green Road and Willow Walk before he was rushed to hospital.

The victim was pronounced dead at 4.25am, the force said.

He has not yet been named by police.

His devastated family are being supported by specialist officers, the force added.

Officers are stepping up patrols in the area in the wake of the incident.

The area remained cordoned off on Wednesday while detectives investigate
(Image: @999London)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Teen fighting for life after being repeatedly stabbed in street as police hunt knifeman

Superintendent Simon Crick, the Met's Acting North Area Commander, said: “This is a dreadfully sad loss of life and I understand how shocked the community will be.

"I want them to know that they can expect to see more officers in the area and to approach them if they want to discuss any concerns or share any information.”

Any witnesses, or those with information, are being urged to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 6899/19JAN.

Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555 111.