Get the biggest TV headlines straight to your inbox
Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice
SAS Who Dares Wins instructor Jason Fox looks set to be Channel 4's new hard man following the departure of Ant Middleton.
Ant's former colleague on the hit show is reportedly stepping into the tough man's shoes and will lead a brand new series on the channel.
Jason, 44, has landed a series which will see him take three famous faces into the wilderness one at a time, according to The Sun.
The show's working title is alleged to by Beyond With Jason Fox and is set to see the former special forces soldier test the celebs' resolve – both mentally and physically – in a format similar to one previously seen on Bear Grylls' shows.
An insider told the publication: "This is inspired by the idea of embracing the great outdoors after months of being stuck indoors during lockdown.
Jason Fox is reportedly set to replace Ant Middleton as C4's hard man
(Image: Pete Dadds. Channel 4 images must not be altered or manipulated in any way. This picture may be used solely for Channel 4 progra)
"And who better to lead us out there than gentle giant Foxy, who can use unique skills honed from his years serving in the British special forces.
"As they tackle a series of challenges he’ll also get the celebs to talk about the personal life experiences that made them the individuals they are today. And he’ll do it by using the more subtle technique of talking to people we see him use on SAS Who Dares Wins."
The Mirror has contacted Jason's representatives for comment.
GB News boss Andrew Neil takes leave from channel just two weeks after launch
Escape to the Chateau's Dick Strawbridge shares concerns when fans 'overstep the mark'
The concept is similar to a show Ant, 40, was working on but never got the go-ahead for.
Ant's Snowflake Mountain show was axed before it got off the ground and would have seen the former Channel 4 man take a group of youngsters into the wilderness to test their attributes.
However, the show was a non-starter after Channel 4 announced in March that it would never work with Ant again because of unspecified "personal conduct".
The broadcaster said at the time: "It has become clear that our views and values are not aligned."
Jason Fox is to front his own Channel 4 series
(Image: Sunday Mirror)
Ant had previously taken to his personal Instagram account to send a message about his thoughts on the coronavirus situation.
He said: "Am I still out travelling the world? Yes. Am I still shaking hands? Yes. Am I still cuddling fans at the airport? Yes. Am I washing my hands and keeping my hygiene to a high standard as always? Yes.”
Anton Du Beke says he will be a 'kinder judge' on Strictly Come Dancing 2021
He continued: "Has my life changed? No. Am I going to let some disease, Covid-19, dictate my life? Absolutely not. Get out there, don’t change, F*** Covid-19!"
After learning about his dismissal, he tweeted: "First day of a brand new month! Head into it with a mission and plan on how you're going to be the best version of yourself. Keep a positive mindset above all."
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.