Tony Blair’s former fundraiser has been accused of failing to pay £2 million to his Austrian princess ex-wife.
Anthony Bailey, 51, is embroiled in a legal battle with Marie-Therese Hohenberg Bailey over the money arising from their divorce.
The public relations consultant, a key fundraiser for Tony Blair and Gordon Brown, has now been accused of breaching court orders made following their divorce litigation.
Ms Hohenberg Bailey, who a judge previously ruled should receive more than £2 million from Mr Bailey, said her former husband should be imprisoned.
Mr Bailey disputes the allegations.
A judge considered Ms Hohenberg Bailey’s application at a hearing in the Family Division of the High Court in London on Tuesday.
Mr Justice Holman heard that she has not received "her money". Future hearings are expected in the coming months to resolve the dispute.
The couple on their wedding day
Mr Bailey, who lived in London, did not attend the hearing. His lawyers told Mr Justice Holman that he was in Portugal and not well enough to travel to England.
"I am very sympathetic to the situation of the wife here," said Mr Justice Holman.
"The judge made an order. It has not been appealed. She is supposed to be getting a substantial amount of money."
Mr Justice Holman said Ms Hohenberg Bailey believes her former husband is "living the life of Riley". The court heard that she, meanwhile, has run up around £800,000 in legal bills.
"I am incredibly sympathetic," said Mr Justice Holman. "She has got her order from the court and all she wants is her money."
Lawyers representing Mr Bailey asked the judge to bar reporters from naming him in reports of the hearing, but their application was refused.
He said the hearing was being staged in public, in line with rules governing contempt applications, and Mr Bailey and his ex-wife could be named in reports of the case.
In 2016, it was claimed that Mr Bailey was abusing an honour he received from Antigua for his charitable work to masquerade as a knight in the UK.
He was alleged to have insisted on being called "Sir" in the UK, flouting convention and allegedly angering Buckingham Palace.
Prince Charles and David Cameron were among those duped into wrongly referring to him as "Sir Anthony", The Mail on Sunday reported.