Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentist

A MUM has issued a heartbreaking warning to other parents after her daughter died from an allergic reaction to toothpaste.

Denise Saldate, 11, from California, used MI Paste One which was prescribed by her dentist after she developed spots on her teeth.

Facebook2 Monique Altamirano with her daughter Denise Saldate who died after suffering an allergic reaction to toothpaste

Mum Monique said her daughter was diagnosed with lactose intolerance around the age of one.

But after she spent years reading labels, she believed that milk would not ever be contained in any of the dental products Denise used.

'I CAN'T BREATHE'

So on that evening, she let Denise use the toothpaste without double-checking the box.

Suddenly she recalls Denise screaming, as her lips turned blue.

Monique told Allergic Living her daughter screamed: "I think I’m having an allergic reaction to the toothpaste!"

The devastated mum recalled: "I picked her up and put her on my bed. I ran to the living room, told my daughter 'Call 911!' and I grabbed the EpiPen.

"She was saying, 'Mommy, I can’t breathe.' I was saying, 'I love you, yes, you can'."

'I FAILED HER'

While waiting for paramedics, Monique tried to perform CPR on her daughter.

When they arrived they battled to stabilise Denise before rushing her to hospital, but their efforts were in vain and she died.

MOST READ WORLD NEWSMum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistMADDIE HOPE Madeleine McCann case could be solved in just ‘ONE week thanks to vital DNA’ Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistLatestEASTER MASSACRE 129 dead as blasts rip through Sri Lanka hotels & churches in Easter attack Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistJUST HANGING OUT Park rangers share incredible selfies with human-like gorilla ‘pals’ Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistNO CLASS Teacher faces calls to be fired after writing ‘absolutely pathetic’ on boy’s test Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistLIVING THE DREAM Inside incredible £68m mansion with a hot tub cinema and car elevator Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistSTREETS OF RAGE Yellow Vests tear Paris apart in fury at £1bn pledged to restore Notre Dame Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistTODDLER RIDDLE Lost boy, 9, found naked and alone wandering the streets in middle of night Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistSEX ISLE DEATH 31st man who 'made crew wipe bum as he moaned in pleasure' dies in Thailand Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistWarningRIDE TO HELL Hidden horror of tourist camel rides as animals 'starved and hit in testicles' Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentistExclusiveTIME WASTERS? These time travellers have been to the future…here's their 'proof'

Warning other parents, Monique said: "This is your child’s life, and God forbid you have to go through what I’m going through."

She added she now feels like she failed her daughter for not going the extra mile to check the toothpaste.

The MI toothpaste warns that it contains Recaldent, a milk protein that bonds with the surface of teeth.

Mum’s warning after daughter, 11, dies from allergic reaction to TOOTHPASTE prescribed by dentist2 Denise suffered a fast-moving anaphylactic reaction to milk protein from an unexpected source: a new prescription toothpaste

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*