Prince Harry was presented with an Invictus Games babygro for his newborn son Archie as he launched the one-year countdown to the Invictus Games 2020.
The cheery new father shouted “put it on!” as he held it up and looked on at his audience of competitors and officials who burst into laughter.
Harry, who was in The Hague for the official day visit, was presented with the garment by Princess Margriet of the Netherlands.
The new baby slept through his first public appearance
It comes just three days after he and wife Meghan celebrated the birth of their first child.
Harry told competitors: “I’m absolutely thrilled that many more injured, wounded and sick servicemen and women will have the opportunity to continue the journey to their recovery.
“It’s your resilience, your determination and your courage which draws crowds in their thousands leaving them more inspired, moved and proud than they ever thought possible.”
Prince Harry was presented with the babygro by Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
He added: “Make these games your own.”
More from Baby Sussex
Earlier, the 34-year-old prince watched a wheelchair basketball training session and was given a gift by seven-year-old Daimy Gommers.
She had previously met Harry at the games in Toronto two years ago and was at Thursday’s event with her father Paul, 46, who competes in archery.
Listen to “Sky News – Behind the Headline” on Spreaker.
:: Listen to the Behind the Headlines podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Spreaker
Harry unwrapped the gift to reveal a blue and white baby’s cube toy decorated with bunnies.
Prince Harry was given a gift for Archie by seven-year-old Daimy Gommers
Later, the prince was pictured taking a tour of Zuiderpark in the Dutch city, wearing a black jacket with “Invictus family daddy” embroidered on it.
As he finished his bike ride he was asked if he would bring Archie, who is seventh in line to the throne, to the Invictus Games next year.
He replied: “I’ve no idea.”
The Duchess of Sussex said the new baby had "the sweetest temperament"
The public had its first glimpse of the newest royal on Wednesday as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex showed their now three-day-old son to the world during a photocall in St George’s Hall at Windsor Castle.
Wrapped in a white blanket and wearing a white knitted hat, he slept through his first public appearance.
As he was held by his father Harry, his beaming mother Meghan told reporters that he had the “sweetest temperament”, while a delighted duke called him “our own little bundle of joy”.
Asked about her experience of becoming a parent, the 37-year-old duchess replied: “It’s magic, it’s pretty amazing, and I have the two best guys in the world so I’m really happy.”
Later, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were introduced to their newest and eighth great-grandchild, alongside Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland, who travelled from her Los Angeles home to be with Meghan in the run-up to the baby’s birth.
The Queen is introduced to her newest great-grandchild Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. Pic: @royalfamily
A photo of the occasion was posted on Harry and Meghan’s official Instagram account showing a delighted monarch meeting the baby.
In a break from royal tradition, the couple also announced they had called their baby Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, and not used a title for their firstborn.
Bookmakers are already taking bets on Harry and Meghan adding to their family within a year.
Aww Harry Styles and Megan <3 pic.twitter.com/384Z4LRK9s
— ana (@harrymariposa) May 8, 2019
Meanwhile, it was reported that Spanish news programme Cuentamelo Ya! had mistakenly named One Direction singer Harry Styles as the father of the new royal baby.
One viewer posted a screenshot of the show broadcasting an image of the family-of-three with the caption “Harry Styles y Meghan Markle”.