Bernardo Silva ‘eyeing’ surprise Man City exit with preferred destination clear

Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will auto-play soon8CancelPlay now

Get the FREE Mirror Football newsletter by email with the day’s key headlines and transfer news

Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice

Manchester City could be set to lose another star as Bernardo Silva is reportedly looking to leave the club in the summer transfer window.

His performances on the pitch would not lead you to believe he wants out, but Silva nearly moved to Barcelona last summer only for the deal to fall through.

While he may have been frustrated, he found his best form in the 2020/21 campaign for City, winning the Premier League and reaching the Champions League final.

It's now been suggested that Spanish giants Barca are once again on the hunt for Silva and they are battling it out to sign him against Atletico Madrid.

Bernardo Silva could leave Man City this summer
(Image: Martin Rickett/POOL/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock)

City are said not to make it difficult for players to leave with agents only having to offer the side a good deal for their departure, as noted by The Athletic .

However, this comes after they lost star striker Sergio Aguero to Barca for nothing last month and another player could be set for an Etihad exit.

England's Raheem Sterling is also said to be looking to leave the club, though no confirmation has been given on either player.

Read More
Related Articles


  • Cristiano Ronaldo's defiant transfer message amid Man Utd return links

Read More
Related Articles


  • What to expect from Portugal at Euro 2020 as defending champions look to retain crown

For now, Silva will be focusing on his job at hand, helping Portugal retain the European Championship trophy.

Fernando Santos' side find themselves in the "Group of Death" as they face Hungary, Germany and France.

And while the talk is surrounding their title defence, Portugal have said they don't feel the pressure.

Forward Diogo Jota said: “It’s not an extra weight, it’s a huge pride for what happened in 2016. It made us all proud.

Will Bernardo Silva seal an exit from Manchester City this summer? Comment below.

“The opponents look at us differently and they want to defeat us. Hungary will have even more motivation to play at home, with a packed stadium, which we are not used to in the last year.

“We know the difficulties that entails and it is very important to start with a victory.”

And captain Cristiano Ronaldo added: “We are all ready and tomorrow I hope we can start on the right foot. It’s important to start with a win.

“The fans will be on our side, but it’s nice to play in a full stadium: I’m ready.

“It’s always better to start with a win. But if you tell me that if we lose tomorrow, we would win the European Championship, then I would choose that option.

“However, we are ready, physically and emotionally. Our players are young, I’m convinced we will have a great European Championship and that all the players are ready.”

Portugal kick off their Euro 2020 campaign against Hungary on Tuesday evening.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *